Happy Monday! Is a happy Monday a thing? I don’t know, but I’m still working on this whole not dreading Mondays thing, so…
Today’s Moxie is brought to you by a meme I saw on IG. Multiple people have posted it, and it’s just too good not to share.
Let’s break this down a bit.
- You can never please everyone, and usually when you’re spending your time worrying about pleasing everyone or worrying about what other people think, you’re miserable. Honor yourself by doing what’s best for you. You can still be kind and caring and supportive while making sure you’re doing what’s right for you.
- Change can be scary, but it’s not to be feared. Some of the best things in life happen when we open ourselves up to new possibilities.
- It’s easy to get caught up in the what ifs, how someone treated you or regrets, but none of those things are going to push your life forward. You have to take each day as it comes and move forward. You’ll never find your future in your past.
- Would you let your best friend constantly put themselves down? No. So don’t do it to yourself, either. Give yourself the same grace and compassion that you would show to others. Focus your mind on positive things, and avoid negativity.
- Go with your gut, and trust it. We have instincts for a reason – we should probably pay attention to them. When we overthink things, we tend to get paralyzed in our actions.
Number 5 is calling my name. I’ll definitely be working on quitting the overthinking. Hopefully this inspires you to take a deeper look at yourself and do things a little differently moving forward. When we can change some of the small ways that we think, we can make big changes in our lives, and in the lives of others.
Have a great week!
Tell me: Which of these will you be working on quitting?